Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Glamourous Life - Grumbacher Paints All the Classes.


Teaching classes is really quite as good as taking them. Seascape.. vertical and horizontal lines of interest...
Still Life
Painting sideways and upside down so the technique and brushstokes are visible to the students. I will incorporate this into the other paintings as a new technique!

The Saskatchewan Landscape. Focal point, Color mixing and the palette knife.
Still Life II
Texture and negative space... the silver teapot and a patterny tea cup.

Floral petals on flowers, ceramic pots..

The new Grumbacher Paint Workshops start again on October 5, 12 19, 26 -Tuesdays from 6:00 - 8:00 pm at Michaels Store South Edmonton Common.

$27 + Supplies (around $50.)

Until then ... we are off to Nova Scotia! I will see if I can post pictures and events.

4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous series of paintings, Elaine! Each of them is exquisite. I especially like the teapot for some reason...The soothing palette, I think. Calming, which I could use right now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT! I love that you are teaching and sharing your techniques...

    Have a great time in Nova Scotia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some wonderful paintings. It's great that you are sharing your gifts, and also getting away for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Earthula, what a feast, each is so lovely with brilliant techniques,wish I could watch you do these and learn!

    ReplyDelete